What is FCMBOnline?
FCMBOnline is our 24/7 online Banking Service which allows you carry out banking transactions from the convenience of your home, office or any location anywhere in the world.All you need is an internet enabled device; phone, desktop computer, tablet or laptop. More and more people are discovering the benefits of online banking with new customers signing on daily.
What type of transactions can I carry out on FCMB Online?
Most of the transactions carried out in the banking hall can be carried out via FCMB Online. These include:
- 24/7 access to your account from anywhere in the world.
- Transfer funds from your account to anywhere in the world (USD and GBP) Online real-time account monitoring facility.
- Convenience of conducting banking transactions from the comfort of your home/office.
- Bills Payment – you can pay your Custom Duty, DSTV, GOTV bills and more
- Request for Cheque book, drafts and debit cards
- Easy Access to bank information and products i.e. loans and credit cards.
- Check your balance, monitor transactions, print your account statement and print your transaction receipts.
- Request, confirm and stop cheques.
- Change password and update your login details.
- Single view of ALL your FCMB accounts showing available balances including credit cards, loans and deposits accounts.
And so much more…
Can I still use my local bank for manual transactions?
Yes you can. You will be able to carry out a range of transactions online but you will still have to visit a branch for some transactions such as depositing cash and cheques.
What is the registration process for online banking?
This service is automatic for all new customers once ticked in account opening form. Existing customers can register for this service following the steps below:Steps to Register for FCMBOnline
- Visit www.fcmb.com
- Click on FCMBOnline: Personal Version
- Click Register
- Read and accept the terms and condition
- Enter your Account details
- Account Name
- Mobile Number (as registered with the bank)
- Email Address (as registered with the bank)
- Select a New Login Name (your preferred name for logging in to FCMBOnline)
- Select Debit card preference (Click Yes, if you have one, No if you don't)
- If yes, enter your card PAN (16-19 digit number), if no, continue. Where the card number is not provided, you will be placed on view mode only pending when card PAN is supplied.
- Click submit to register your form
You will receive your login credentials immediately: – Your Username is sent to your registered phone and password to your registered email address. Login with these details and change your password, generate your transaction password, change your default transaction password to your preferred transaction password and start carrying out your online transactions.
I got a text messages saying I have been profiled for Internet Banking, but am yet to receive both/either my User name and Password?
Profiled customers should check their email (including spam/junk and bulk mails) for their log in details. Where customers still can’t locate their details, they should contact the Bank. The Contact Centre staff can be reached 24/7 on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email for a reset.
I have more than one account; how many of my accounts can I view at a time?
All your accounts are automatically added to your profile once you are set up on the platform (including loan accounts) please reach our 24/7 Contact Centre on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email: if any of your account is not profiled on the platform.
Can I operate both my personal and business accounts with internet banking?
Yes you can. For personal banking, all your accounts will be displayed. For example; if you have 2 current accounts and 1 savings account, you will be able to view all three accounts.The bank is currently reviewing a separate online banking for business account holders; FCMBOnline (Business Version).
How secure is FCMBOnline?
FCMBOnline is very secure and uses the latest encryption technique and fraud detections systems. The security of our service and your accounts is absolutely our number one priority. The security features have been enhanced to ensure security while you enjoy the benefits of our online banking services. The safety and confidentiality of our customer’s personal information is our top priority.The security system makes use of the latest in technologies, standards, and business practices to guarantee customer security including:
- 128 bit data encryption between your computer and internet banking system.
- Keypad for PIN entry to guard against password cloning.
- The use transaction code to complete a transaction.
- Secret questions and answers.
- User name and Password
There are also additional steps that you can personally take to help ensure your accounts remain safe and secure:
- Never share your sign-in details with anybody
- Never respond to emails that ask you to supply your sign-in details. These are known as phishing emails and we would never email you asking you to supply your sign in details
How do I use the Virtual Keyboard?
The virtual keyboard is like your regular keyboard. Once username is inputted and the tab button is tapped, the virtual keyboard displays. Users can click on characters on the keyboard which is displayed on the form. To access other special characters, click on the shift button.
I can’t remember my Password or any of my five secret answers and questions?
Can’t remember Password:
If you are not already logged in (you cannot remember your log in password), kindly reach our 24/7 contact centre on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email for a reset. (If you cannot remember your login password, after inputting the User name, the customer clicks “forgotten your password”. It takes you to a page that requests for your “Login Name” and “Any Secret Answer”. An email containing a default password is sent immediately to the registered email address. You are advised to login with the default password and change the default password to any password of your choice.
Can’t remember Answers to Security Questions:
If you are already logged in (you can’t remember your security answer), click on the “get secret answer” link. An email will be sent with one of your secret answers to your registered email. Once you are logged on to the platform, click on the home option menu and click on security questions. This will display all your security questions and you will have the option of requesting for your secret answers or changing your secret questions.
What is Authentication Code?
Authentication code is an automatically generated numeric passcode that enables you carry out transactions with your online account? Authentication codes are required only for highly sensitive transactions such as funds transfers, Airtime Purchase, Bills Payment etc.
How do I generate Authentication Code?
Authentication code can be generated in any of the following two ways; (1) System generated (2) Hardware Token The System authentication code is automatically generated via the system and sent as an SMS to the customer’s phone. Thereafter the customer can insert the 8- digit code received in the space provided for authentication code.Hardware Token is a small mobile device (key holder- size), which is used to generate a onetime passcode to enable you carry out transactions requiring a higher level of authentication. The customer can insert the 6- digit code generated in the space provided for authentication code.
How can I Use a Token?
Below are steps on how to use your Token:
- Press the play button at the bottom left of the Hardware Token and a six (6) digit number/code will appear.
- Enter the six digit number onto the tab provided on your transaction page for authentication code
- Click transfer/pay button to conclude your transactions.
How Do I Get a Token and what is the cost?
You can get a token from any FCMB Branch at cost of N1, 500 one off. However if you are outside the country, you can request for one at same cost but will be charged for courier fees. This will vary depending on your location.
Can the Authentication code expire?
The SMS authentication code will expire if not used within 5 minutes while the Hardware Token expires in 10 seconds. In this case, you may be required to generate another one-time-pass code which will be totally different from the previously generated code.
SMS Authentication Code is not delivering on my phone?
Please contact our 24/7 contact centre consultants on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email to resolve this.Please note; phone numbers that have been recently ported to a different network may face challenges with code delivery.
I am getting an error message - ‘Invalid Token’, what do I do?
Kindly generate another and if this persists, please reach our 24/7 Contact Centre on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email for a reset.
How do I generate Transaction Password?
Find below steps on how to generate your transaction password:
- Login to FCMBOnline with your with your credentials(User ID and Password)
- Call Contact Centre to enable you take you off ‘view-only’ mode (if the account was registered without card PAN Details)
- Click on the “Transaction password” link on the “Home Options” tree
- Fill in the correct answer to the displayed security question
- Input the “Login” password
- Click the reset button.
- Upon successfully Transaction password generation and receipt of “transaction password changed successfully” notification on the online banking page
- Do step 1-4
- Input the Current Transaction Password( which is the default transaction password sent to the registered email (It’s advisable to copy and paste the default transaction password to avoid any error)
- Input the New Transaction Password (password of your choice) and confirm the new transaction password by inputting it a second time
- Click Change.
- Check registered email for successful notification upon successful notification “transaction password changed successfully” on the internet banking page.
How can I change my Transaction Password?
- Login to FCMBOnline with your (User ID and Password
- Click on the “Transaction password” link on the “Home Options” tree.
- Fill in the correct answer to the displayed security question.
- Input the Current Transaction Password
- Input the New Transaction Password and confirm the new transaction password by inputting it a second time
- Click the Change button
- Check registered email for successful notification upon successful notification “transaction password changed successfully” on the online banking page.
How Can I Transfer money?
- Click on transfer within FCMB or outside,
- Select the account you want to transfer from
- Input the beneficiary’s account number, click on confirm account number
- Input the amount you want to transfer
- Input the narration or purpose of transfer
- Click on continue
- Input your transfer password and authentication code sent you via SMS or Hardware token
- And lastly click on transfer
How do I transfer money between my FCMB accounts?
- You can click on the transfer funds (within FCMB) menu.
- Click on “To own Account” link.
- Select the account number to be debited and account to be credited
- Input the “Transfer amount” and “Transfer Memo”.
- Click “continue”.
What is the maximum amount I can transfer on daily basis?
The daily default limit is N1,000,000.00 while one time transfer limit: N500,000.00.Both the daily limit and one time limit can be increased on your request, kindly reach our 24/7 contact centre on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email
What happens when I initiate an interbank transaction with wrong details?
There are 2 scenarios to this:
- Where wrong account details don’t exist: The transaction won’t go through as the system would not recognise the account number. The transaction would automatically be reversed.
- You have to confirm the recipient account number before initiating the transaction. At this point you can check the account details to ensure it is correct.
What are applicable charges for transfers?
YES; Visit the nearest branch and fill out a Account Reactivation Form
- Account to self - No charge
- Third party (intra-bank) - No charge
- Inter-bank – N70 for amounts less than N500,000 and N100 for amounts between N500,000 and N9,999,000 and N500.00 for amounts above N10,000,000.00
- DSTV/GOTV – N100
How do I block my Debit card?
Under the manage request menu, click on the block Card. This service is only available for Verve card holders.Please note that you can request for a new card by following ways;Visit a nearby branch to be issued a new card, via our online banking platform or reach our 24/7 Contact Centre Consultants on 01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) or email us at
How do I confirm/Stop a Cheque?
Go to manage request menu, click on the “confirm cheque” link and enter details such as cheque number, beneficiary details, date on cheque, amount, etc and fill in your transaction password and click submit
I received the error message "Invalid login/Password" in an attempt to login
Call FCMB Contact Centre to request for password reset. This is valid for 24hrs after it has been sent. You are required to change your password upon receipt of the new password.
I am unable to carry out transactions on my account.
Reply the email with advise on your login details to request for a Transaction password or call the Contact Centre. Upon receipt of your Transaction password, you are required to ackowledge receipt within 24hrs in other to activate it.
I can not make an intra bank transfer from FCMB Account to another account online.
Ensure that you are inputing the correct Account name and Account number and also check for availablity of internet access.
Can I transfer funds from FCMB to another bank's account?