The Education Investment Plan
The Education Investment Plan is a convenient and secure way to save for a child’s university education in the USA, UK, South Africa, Ghana and Nigeria. The product provides both educational and actuarial advice, and aims to help parents and guardians build up a lump sum by investing periodically (monthly/quarterly/yearly) into an investment fund the bank will pay out when the plan ends.
- Education advice, which is restricted to universities in the USA, UK, South Africa, Ghana and Nigeria.
- Projected benchmark return at prevailing MPR(Monetary Policy Rate)
- Parents control assets until child reaches legal age
- Can be operated for an unborn child
- Online account access which enables investors to check their balance, review contribution history and investment performance online
- Total amount contributed is guaranteed if investment is held for more than a year.
- Investors are free to designate a different beneficiary at any time.
- Funds are not frozen upon unlikely event of the demise of the investor if they take up a life insurance cover.
- Initial minimum deposit is N250,000 /N100,000.00 for Schools in the USA, UK, South Africa and N100,000/N50,000.00 for Schools in Nigeria and Ghana
- Convenient contribution through direct debits.
- Security of investment, professionally managed by leading asset managers
- Education advisory services
- Life insurance for investor (optional)
- Effective monitoring of the fund by independent Board of Trustees